AR331 THE HUNGRY MANIKIN® - PAEDIATRIC NASOGASTRIC FEEDING TRAINER
For pricing information, please contact your local Distributor.
- This model was designed by nutrition nurses at Birmingham Children’s Hospital to demonstrate to parents/carers the technique for inserting nasogastric and gastrostomy tubes in children
- This simple to use simulator helps identify the stages of placement, ensuring that the nasogastric device is passed safely and correctly.
- This child manikin enables parents/carers to visualise the correct positioning of nasogastric and gastrostomy tubes and also practise the associated techniques
- Families have reported that The Hungry Manikin gave them invaluable practice and increased their confidence and understanding.
- Measurement, placement and securement of nasogastric tube
- Insertion of gastrostomy tube
- As the manikin accepts fluids, training in the following procedures is now possible:
- Aspiration of the stomach for confirming correct tube placement
- Measuring pH (acidity/alkalinity) of stomach aspirate
- Enteral feeding via nasogastric or gastrostomy tubes
- Administration of liquid based medicines
- The Hungry Manikin has been significantly improved so that fluids can be introduced into the stomach
- The transparent cover is now removable and, by means of a simple connector, the stomach can be removed for cleaning
- Movable epiglottis to demonstrate swallowing
- Transparent body - allowing trainees to observe the tube being passed
- Divided nasal septum
- Gastrostomy opening
- Representation of lungs and oesophagus
2 Year Guarantee
- This model, manufactured by Adam,Rouilly, comes with a 2 Year Guarantee.
This guarantee applies to models which have been used correctly and covers durability and functionality.
- Instruction manual
- Rigid carrying case
Size 8 Fr Nasogastric and Size 12 Fg Ryles tubes should be used with this model