ABP093 BREAST ELASTOGRAPHY ULTRASOUND TRAINING MODEL
For pricing information, please contact your local Distributor.
- Blue Phantom Breast Elastography Ultrasound Training Model is excellent for developing and refining the psychomotor skills associated with breast elastography ultrasound procedures and enables users to to develop and practice the skills necessary to gain proficiency in using ultrasound for elastography imaging and guided surgical procedures.
- Model contains a broad range of elastic masses and enables users to gain experience using stiff, soft, as well as isoelastic lesions - all in the same model
- Varying sized masses allows users to develop their skills starting with larger lesions and target smaller masses as their skills progress. Masses range in size from 6mm to 11mm in size and appear as hyperechoic, hypoechoic, and echolucent in addition to being stiffer, softer, or with similar hardness relative to surrounding tissue allowing users to gain experience utilizing a wide range of lesions as they would experience in the clinical environment
- Using Blue Phantom proprietary simulated human tissue, this very realistic and ultra-durable breast elastography ultrasound training model excellent for B-mode ultrasound imaging as well as elastography ultrasound imaging
- This elastography phantom assists in educating clinicians in the acquisition of ultrasound elastogram images as well as developing the hand-eye coordination associated with breast ultrasound guided fine needle biopsy procedures
- Ultrasound imaging skills include; using ultrasound system controls, obtaining elastography ultrasound images, proper elastography transducer contact pressures, transducer positioning and movement, recognition of soft tissue masses, breast lesions, and breast tumors in human soft tissue, and using ultrasound to target the lesions for fine needle biopsy
- Excellent for new users as well as more experienced users who are refining their procedural skills
- Model contains 12 masses with varying B-mode ultrasound and viscoelastic properties (lesions with varying Young's Modulus levels)
- Breast lesions are present in both the central breast tissue as well as the Tail of Spence
- The varying sized masses have echotextures that are hypoechoic, isoechoic, as well as hyperechoic (echogenic)
- The masses in this breast model can be accessed with needles as well as fluid can be injected into the model to verify needle tip location
- This ultrasound training model is constructed using Blue Phantom's patented SimulexUS™ ultra-durable tissue and produces extremely realistic ultrasound images. The materials used matches the acoustic characteristics of actual human tissue so the user experiences the same quality expected from imaging patients in the clinical environment
- Fluids are automatically expelled so that the model can be used repeatedly for training.
- It is recommended that size 18 - 21 gauge sharp, unbent needles are used during training in order to maximize the self-healing and ultra-durable performance
- Core biopsies can be performed and tissue from the tumours in the model can be removed however each mass can only withstand core biopsy until the lesion is destroyed. Training will then need to move on to another mass located in the model
- Use with any ultrasound imaging system with appropriate transducer
- Product dimensions:
- L 18cm W 13cm H 6cm
- Weight 0.7 Kg
- Plastic storage container and user guide CD